How to authorize users in the chat
To use the chat, each user needs to have an account. This can be a website account or a special account only for the chat. Here's how to authorize users in the chat:
- Login to your Dashboard and go to your Widget.
- Click on Chat Settings and then Authorization settings.
- Choose whether to enable or disable registration in the chat.
- If enabled, choose the way users will authorize in the chat - automatically, with phone or email, or with any login. Here are the steps in more detail:
Enabling chat registration
By default, users can authorize in the chat as a guest and on the website separately. However, you can change this by disabling chat registration. To do this, go to Authorization settings and switch off the option.
Choosing a user authorization method
There are three ways for users to authorize in the chat:
- Automatic registration - users will be automatically logged in to the chat without needing to enter any data.
- With phone or email - users need to leave their contact details to use the chat.
- With any login - users can enter the chat using guest login only.
Learn more about chat settings
To learn more about adjusting chat settings, check out these articles: You can learn more about chat adjusting in these articles: